The Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) and the editorial team of film.culture360.asef.org are inviting potential writers (comprising of film journalists, filmmakers, film academics, festival programmers, film professionals and film enthusiasts) from ASEM countries to submit proposals for articles.
The selected articles will be published on www.film.culture360.asef.org, a website dedicated to connecting Asia and Europe through film.
The aim of these articles is to improve the understanding of the film ecosystem in Asia and Europe and to provide insight into the social and cultural context in which films are being made and evaluated.
Articles can have the format of a report, an analysis or an essay on the following topics:
1. Cases of collaboration in film between ASEM countries, especially between the Asian and European regions;
2. Cinema Industry profiles of the following ASEM countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Laos, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mongolia, New Zealand, Pakistan, Slovakia and Vietnam.
3. Digital technologies and Film Industries: this topic should explore the changing trends in cinema industries in the ASEM region through the use of new production and exhibition technologies, like 3D Projection, Digital Cameras etc. This could also include global linkages across industries.
- Articles should be written in British English with a maximum length of 800 to1200 words and submitted together with 1 or 2 images related to the topic of the article
- Proposals should be submitted in the form of an outline (short description up to 5 sentences) of the subject together with a short biography/background note before July 31, 2012
- Proposal should be sent by email to siddharth.chadha(at)culture360.org and film(at)culture360.org
The editorial team of film.culture360.asef.org will evaluate the proposals and send email confirmation to selected writers by August 15,2012.
The deadline for submission of the articles will be decided by the editorial team at film.culture360.asef.org together with the selected writers. The writers will receive a financial remuneration of 250 (SGD) Singapore Dollars per article.
All content commissioned for the film.culture360.asef.org website will remain the intellectual property of ASEF. ASEF reserves the right to alter, remove or perform any other necessary editing to content submitted for use on the film.culture360.asef.org, on grounds deemed necessary by ASEF, including sensitive issues concerning its member-states.
The author will be acknowledged accordingly on the page on which the article will be published.
ASEF should be indemnified against any legal infringement and/or violation of intellectual property rights of third parties by the author, for content commissioned for the film.culture360.asef.org website.
 The ASEM member countries included are Austria, Australia, Belgium, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, China, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Laos, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mongolia, Myanmar, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Pakistan, the Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, United Kingdom and Vietnam.